Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A "stay-at-home-mom"'s vacation

A week at her mom's house!

With no income all we need is a free place to stay where someone will make the meals, clean the house, do the laundry and take care of the kids for free too!
Well, we all know that doesn't exist but my mom's place is the closest it gets.
I will help make meals and still take care of Riley while she goes to work (because she stayed at home with me when I was growing up so she is still working her but off) but she will take him from me every chance she gets and she'll pay when we go out to eat. And I will help with the cleaning and laundry but I won't be the only one in the house that thinks about cleaning and laundry! :)

The icing on the cake is NO internet and plenty of safe outside acreage for Riley to run around in!
So from Sunday, May 3 through Tuesday May 12 I am sippin' mom's ice tea and reading a book outside in the fresh UP air (well, maybe during his nap)! :)

See you back online Wednesday, May 13th for the same old facebook chatter and bloggin'.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

have fun visiting yo mamma! Tell her I say hi! A week away from home and a week back at home is a great vacation!
-Amanda

sam said...

That sounds relaxing to be completly cut off from the internet for a couple weeks! I guess you are reading this some time after the 13th...so uhh..Hope you enjoyed your vacation!

Shie said...

I didn't miss your comment about cleaning and laundry, Sarah! Funny :-) Have fun at your Mom's, read lotsa great books, I have a couple if you want to read some good fiction.

Sarah Ann said...

Yeah, Brandon didn't miss that either! :)
Actually I am still working on "The Shack" so that's all I need for this trip. If I finish early I'll be asking God for an early start on the sermons for June-July.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time Sarah! Sounds lovely!

- Emilie