Wednesday, March 11, 2009

All alone...

Everyone finally got fed up with the Minnesota winter and took off on me!

  • Brandon is in California on a business trip for a week and is currently at Disney/not working (his second time at a Disney without his wife and child, both of which have never been to any Disney or theme park).
  • The Sjostroms are in India for a couple weeks and I am praying like crazy for 2 more sermons!
  • The Blanchards are going to Florida for Kris doctorate graduation, hooding, etc...and I'm watching their house, kids and dog for 5 days.
  • I honestly can name at least 2 more friends that are vacationing right not but I am just checking in on the one's cat a couple times, so it's not a big deal.

So starting tomorrow I am a lone pastor, single mother of 4 kids and taking care of of 3 houses.

Don't get me wrong, I truly love being able to help everyone out and I am excited that God blessed all of them with the opportunity to enjoy these trips but I am definitely feeling a little left out!

It's a good thing preparing 2 sermons is more than enough to keep me busy as an amateur preacher. And I'm sure being a single mother of 4 kids won't be boring! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are not alone! Tom and Regina left me and the kids yesterday for a couple days in Atlanta! So unfair! See ya sunday!

-Amanda

Sarah Ann said...

I know I'm not completely alone, but you know the left-out feeling!

And I need to correct my original post because appartently when Brandon was in Florida on a previous business trip he didn't really experience Disney, he just took a tour of Epcot Center. So he didn't go without us on that trip but he is definitely doing it this time!

First he was going to get a 1 day trip, then he asked if he could get a 3 day pass on sale and we agreed he could spend that specific amount more, and then he found a special where he could get the 4 day pass for that amount, AND THEN his friend (Doug, who is there with him) pitched in the extra money to get a 5 day pass.

So it went from: "I'm just going to get a 1 day pass to go with Doug once" to "Now I have a five day pass and we walk over every time we have a break in the business meetings."

I'm really glad he is getting to have an extra special fun time while he is there because we don't ever get to do anything like that, but it still feels weird that dad is off enjoying Disney without us; riding rides, taking pictures with the real replica of Lightning McQueen (Riley's first word was "car" and now his favorite movies is Cars and he won't stop saying "car car, car car, car car"), emailing pictures of him and Doug playing games,etc...

It sounds like a really funny unreal commercial for Disney: Even dads love it; so much they go alone if the no one else in the family can come!
:) (I still love you babe!)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you do have a lot going on! Like you said, you won't get bored though! Jan's Dad is visiting with his girlfriend and her youngest daughter this weekend. Now I have to go to bed. Just 4 weeks left to the due date! Blessing to you, your 4 lovely children and your 3 nice houses! Good night from Switzerland.
- Emilie

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sarah! I feel so bad. I really wish you were with us in India. Thanks for watching the house and for the cleaning you did. You are amazing and I don't know what we would do without you. I am not just saying that - WE REALLY MEAN IT.
Love you tons.

Sarah Ann said...

There's really no need to feel bad. I was mostly just feeling weird that Brandon was enjoying Disney without Riley and I. But all is well! And everyone's home now, so I am all about hearing all the great stories from everyone's trips!