Friday, June 8, 2007

Nursing Discussions


So Sarah and I have been given the time to talk during nursing. Although this is a wonderful time for Riley and her to bond, it is also a good time for her and I to ponder things in life. Tonight it was the dartboard. I was staring at the dartboard, and began to try and figure out if there was any rhyme or reason behind the layout of the scoring sections. Sarah suggested that I wikipedia it, but I wanted to still try and figure it out, not to mention that would mean I would have to get up from my couch. I couldn't stand it any longer after my eyes started playing tricks on me. Try staring at a dart board for 20 minutes and you'll see what I mean. The answer to tonight's query is that the dartboard is laid out with the 20 at top as standard, a bulls eye in the middle, and that's all that really matters. However, the rest of the numbers were laid out so that the layout would penalize inaccuracy. For example: At the widest part of the 20 section, if you were to miss either left or right of that you would end up with a 5 or a 1. Interesting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. Thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

Wow...they do seem to alternate low and high numbers...that does make sense though...have you seen the pro's play?...they are REALLY good..so they have to make it as tough as possible...

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing the big questions that are in your head! :)

Anonymous said...

Does Sarah get to play darts with you while nursing the baby?

Nodnarb said...

I will have to check on the age limits of darts and if there are any restrictions on nursing mothers throwing pointy things during nursing. Plus I don't think she's good enough to beat me so she doesn't like to play.